Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mock interview

For my English course, I’ve been asked to attend a job mock interview to get ready for the real interviews in the future.
 They asked me different questions such as my interest, my education and my professional goals. I started with introducing myself and giving them a feedback about my college and the major I’m studying I also mentioned some of my interests such as  travelling, swimming, and reading books both in Arabic & English.
Later on, they asked me about what do I know about the company, I was extremely shocked and confused because I had no idea about their company not even the name . This obstacle helped me to get ready in the future when I apply for a job and to do some good research about the company before going there.
Furthermore, they asked me where I see myself after 5 years. I told them that am looking for career progression after 5 years to upgrade to a manager because I believe that my skills are very good and will improved through these 5 years by learning more and experiencing in their company.
 In addition, there was a question that I wasn’t ready for which is what I think my team members say about ME. I answered the question by telling them that I have no clue about what they say but am confident about myself and my work because I always pull my weight to get things done successfully.
 To conclude, the mock job interview was a new experience that will hopefully help me in the future by learning from the mistakes I did in this one and try my best to do better in a real interview

No comments:

Post a Comment